San Bernardino Enrollment
Check our current class schedule for what classes we may have available for your child on certain days and times. Please be aware of the "Last Updated" date at the top of the list. We frequently update these lists as they change, some classes may not be available at the time. Please call us during business hours to confirm the availability of classes.
Once you find a class, please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our studio rules and regulations:
Welcome to The Looking Glass Studio of Performing Arts! We’re very pleased, proud and excited to offer you a fine facility, fine teachers and a great location!
We’re excited to have you here with us! May we take this opportunity to acquaint you with some of our important guidelines for behavior and etiquette while you’re here at the Studio with us? Thank You!
The Studio is a place to learn and grow artistically. This is a place of study. We’re sure you’ll agree that study requires focus and concentration and that the two require a calm and serene atmosphere. In every area inside the Studio, NOISE LEVELS MUST BE KEPT LOW! Students and teachers are entitled to enjoy their classes with NO DISTRACTIONS!
The Studio management and staff are not responsible for childcare and supervision outside of classrooms. The Studio should not be considered a childcare center or baby-sitting facility. PARENTS ARE ASKED TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR SUPERVISING THEIR OWN CHILDREN AT ALL TIMES WHILE AT THE STUDIO.
We love working with children and teaching the performing arts and have been doing so for many years. However, a popular phrase comes to mind:
“WE DON’T MIND YOUR KIDS IF YOU DO!”
The following is a list of other pertinent points for all of us to be aware of in order that the learning and performing experience will be more enjoyable:
* The OBSERVATION DECK IS A NO NOISE ZONE! The observation deck is not intended for use as a lounge, play area or loud conversation spot. THE ONE-WAY GLASS AND PARTITIONS ARE NOT SOUND PROOF. In addition, CHILDREN WITH ANY TOYS THAT PRODUCE LOUD SOUNDS are not allowed on the observation deck.
* For safety reasons, vacant studios are not to be used by anyone without permission by the management.
* Please be on time for class! However, if the unexpected occurs, proper etiquette when entering class late is to wait until the class is “between” exercises and then enter quietly. Parents, please do not just open the door and push a child into the classroom.
* PLEASE BE PROMPT TO PICK UP YOUR CHILD after class hour. Students must WAIT INSIDE THE STUDIO for their ride.
* There are to be NO STREET SHOES INSIDE THE CLASSROOMS AT ANY TIME (except for Hip-Hop/Music/Vocal) Dance shoes ONLY please!
* Dressing rooms are for dressing and restroom use only! There must be NO SOCIAL CONGREGATION INSIDE DRESSING ROOM FACILITY.
* We hope all of you will enjoy our Studio and we thank you for helping us keep it neat, clean and a pleasant place for performers to study their art forms.
DRESS CODE REMINDERS
· HAIR MUST BE BRUSHED AND UP NEATLY IN A BUN OR SIMILAR SYLE CLOSE TO THE HEAD AND OUT OF THE EYES.
· NO LEOTARDS WITH ATTACHED SKIRTS LONGER THAN 9”. NO “NET” TUTUS OF ANY KIND OR LENGTH. THESE ARE TREMENDOUS DISTRACTIONS TO THE VERY YOUNG STUDENT.
· (BOYS) NO SHORTS OR PANTS WITH POCKETS!
· (BOYS) SNUG FITTING ATTIRE ONLY!
· BALLET SHOES ONLY… NO SLIPPER SUBSTITUTES!
· BALLET SHOES SHOULD FIT NICELY… NOT TOO LARGE!
· STUDENTS SHOULD ENTER CLASS WITH BALLET SHOE STRINGS TIED!
· KINDER-THEATRE 2 (5 YR. OLDS) NEED TAP AND BALLET SHOES!
· HAIR MUST BE UP!
· BLACK LEOTARD, PINK TIGHTS (LIGHT PINK) AND PINK BALLET SHOES (AGES 6-11 OR UNTIL IN POINTE CLASS)
· POINTE STUDENTS MAY CHOOSE THEIR OWN LEOTARD COLOR, BUT MUST WEAR LIGHT PINK TIGHTS AND HAVE THEIR HAIR UP!
TAP AND JAZZ:
· “DANCE WEAR” MUST BE WORN TO CLASSES. PLEASE AVOID STREET CLOTHES AND BAGGY SWEAT SHIRTS. MAKE YOUR FASHION STATEMENT WITH AN OUTFIT THAT’S “DANCINGLY” CORRECT.
· HAIR MUST BE BRUSHED AND STYLED OUT OF THE FACE AND SECURE SO THAT IT WILL NOT DISTRACT DURING DANCE CLASS.
Thank you for following these guidelines to ensure the safety and quality of education for our students.
Fill out a one-page registration form at the front desk. The process will take less than five minutes. Once enrolled, we can collect the first month of tuition and registration fee and your child will be ready for his or her first class.